The Scutt Memorial Hall, near the Preston end of Sutton Road, was built in 1909, in memory of Charles Scutt, a member of the Scutt family that had then farmed in Sutton Poyntz and Preston for at least 90 years.
The hall is owned by the Weymouth East Scout Group, and is used mainly by the scouting organisations - the Scouts, Guides and Brownies. It is also used by dance groups, and for various regular village events such as the plant sale and Vegetable Show.
To book the hall, contact Betty Hennessy on 01305 833614.
For more details on scouting activities in the area, contact Mick Haine on 01305 832995.