Sutton Poyntz has always been part of Preston-cum-Sutton Poyntz parish, with the main church at Preston ("priest's town"). St Andrew's Church is essentially a pretty but unpretentious 14th Century Perpendicular church, although there are traces of earlier structure, and the church was significantly restored in 1888. The church thrives as a community, but the building itself has not been enhanced by being surrounded by a caravan site.
At one time there was a chapel in Sutton Poyntz. We know of its existence from documents, particularly three 15th Century documents. It seems to have fallen out of use quite quickly, and disappeared well before 1650. Unfortunately, although we know from documents that it existed, there is no solid evidence of its location, although a building of the right age and form has been excavated near the Upper Mill site.